From the boardroom to the bedroom ... and beyond


Get what you want, when you want

Thursday 14 January 2010

Hi
First things first, a big THANK YOU to everyone that has sent in a story or shared their experience with us after reading ‘You Need This Book’. We really enjoyed reading them, so much so we thought it would be a nice idea to share some of them with you now.

If you haven't already joined our book club here's the type of thing you get access to every week. To join, go to

www.youneedthisbook.co.uk


In this edition of ‘book club’ you’ll get:
Real life stories from book club members about their favourite bits.
How you can have your ‘getting what you want’ questions answered by us, and how you can share your thoughts with other book club members.
So read on…


We’ve cherry picked a few of our favourite emails sent in about the book and listed them below. If you haven’t tried these techniques yourself yet, what’s stopping you?! Here’s what people are talking about...

These subliminal messages seem to be cunningly effective because I woke up this morning thinking “I can choose to be positive today!” Which, I may tell you, is a FIRST for a Monday morning. It was rather a strange feeling…

Just closed the mood matching chapter before changing trains in the metro. Thought I’d test it out for fun, with split-second look-match of commuters hurrying past me in the corridor. When I looked, I thought “preoccupied”, or “in control” or “pissed off” – but when I matched just one little body gesture, I actually FELT different! Straight away! And the mood wasn’t always the one I’d initially read!! So doing that five times in the space of a 50m corridor and feeling five different sensations “just like that” was a really WIERD experience. Like being given a magical power that must be used wisely… Felt quite dangerous in its intensity, actually. Glad you add in the bits of evolutionary biology to remind the reader why it works.
Hmmm…



A client owes the firm I work for a lot of money, over 1 million in fact. I can’t just call in the lawyers because he also puts a significant amount of business our way. Anyway, I started reading the Human/Inhuman chapter and I realised what was going on! He is using a ‘corporate wall’ to hide behind. Every time I contacted him he just brushed me off using corporate bullshit AKA being inhuman. The interesting thing is my response has always been to reply back in an inhuman way too – this has got me nowhere! So I gave it a go - I tried being more human, I stopped emailing and picked up the phone and laid it on thick about how this issue was effecting ME instead the company. I don’t have the money yet but I do have a face to face meeting for the first time in six months! I’ll keep you posted.

Keep sending your stories and experiences in to us and we’ll post them on our Blog and our Facebook page – just email:
markandscott@youneedthisbook.co.uk


Your questions answered!

You’re bound to have a question or two about some of the content in ‘You Need This Book’. Or you might have a few questions about maximising your chances to get what you want. You might even want some advice on dealing with a really tricky person or situation. Don’t worry, in fact, relax. Help is at hand! Just email your question, dilemma or problem to us and we’ll answer it for you! And if you don’t mind sharing it we’ll twitter, blog and Facebook about it too. If you don’t want to share then no problem, we’ll keep it between just me, me and you!
Just drop us an email at the usual address:
markandscott@youneedthisbook.co.uk
We can’t promise to answer every question but we promise to answer as many as we can!
Thanks,
Mark & Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment